Elephant Walk Roanoke VA was the place to go for brunch 20 years ago. I hadn’t been there since and had no idea it was still open until I saw it on Groupon. For $12.99 you can eat as much as you want but would you like quality or quantity?
If you do find yourself here for brunch on Sunday between 11:30am and 1:30pm here are some tips:
- Don’t get the coffee. I took one sip and couldn’t get that burnt taste out of my mouth for a long time.
- Go straight to the omelette bar and grab some fresh eggs.
- The waffles are good but using a ladle to fish around in the big empty can of strawberries was fairly unappetizing. Syrup is in an open bucket too.
- Avoid the buffet line. Even at 12:30pm the food was already dry and old. Also, there are a bunch of old people there so the line is super slow.
- Check your glass for chips. Don’t want to cut your face up.
The sausage patties were rubber and the bacon was nothing special.
Salmon was dry and had a weird texture.
That chocolate cake had to have been from last week. Maybe even the week before.
The biscuits were dry and crunchy and the gravy was on par with a gas station.
I would take that $12.99 over to Our Daily Bread Bistro and get some quality breakfast.
4468 Starkey Rd Roanoke VA 24018